A Casual Job can be anything anywhere anytime. The best we can do with this job category is list the relevant facts.
- Casuals are hired to supplement the career workforce on an as-needed basis.
- Casual applicants do not have to take an exam.
- Casuals can be hired to perform a single job function or any combination of job functions. If you review every job discussed on this website, Casuals may be assigned any or all of them.
- Casual wages vary greatly depending upon the location and the job function.
- Casuals are not career employees and therefore do not get benefits.
- When a Casual job is posted, details on location, wages, hours, job functions, etc. are provided. Until you see a posting, there’s no way to guess what the details for a Casual job might be.