City Carrier Assistant 1 & 2
Test required: Postal Exam 473 / 473E
There are two entry level job titles, City Carrier Assistant 1 and City Carrier Assistant 2, but their functions and wages are identical.
City Carrier Assistants deliver and collect mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area. They must maintain professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with Postal laws, regulations, products and procedures commonly used, and with the geography of the area. City Carrier Assistants may be required to carry mail weighing up to 35 pounds in shoulder satchels or other equipment and to load or unload mail weighing up to 70 pounds.
In addition, City Carrier Assistants must…
- Work assigned tour and days.
- Follow policies and procedures for personal conduct at work, including adhering to rules and regulations.
- Provide service to the public.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance and demeanor in such interactions, including wearing an approved uniform.
- Have a valid state driver’s license, and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.
A City Carrier Assistant job is your route to a career position. PSE and Assistant jobs are late breaking news. Some of these newly created jobs were introduced only months ago. Other websites without details on PSE and Assistant jobs may be giving you outdated info. Our PSE and Assistant job page gives full up-to-date details including the fact that most career positions are filled by promoting PSE’s and Assistants.